The Royal Family Is “Angry”and Has “No Trust Left” in Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Spread the love


Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have never been afraid to fan a few flames, but things have gotten particularly spicy lately: As they ride the success of their recent Netflix docuseries, they’re also anticipating the release of Harry’s memoir, Spare, slated to come out on January 10. To add to the publicity wave, the prince has reportedly lined up two live interviews for the new year—one with ITV’s Tom Bradby and another with CNN’s Anderson Cooper. Alas, the royal family isn’t exactly thrilled with the debut author in the family.

According to a new report from London’s The Times, Spare is “expected to be even more inflammatory than the couples’ Netflix series,” though it will focus more on Harry’s childhood than on his more recent clashes with the Firm. A “close royal insider” told People that, though the content might be divisive, “some of the issues [Meghan and Harry] have raised are important, and I think both sides probably recognize that.”

Still, a source told Entertainment Tonight that—despite the lack of official comment from either Buckingham or Kensington Palace—tensions are running high after the Netflix drop. “There is no trust left” between the royals and the Sussexes, the source confirmed, adding that “everyone remains wary” ahead of Spare’s publication.

See also  Celebrity engagement rings: Photos - 9Celebrity

A second source told ET that, though multiple family members are “angry,” Prince William is particularly upset with his brother. This source cites the docuseries’ inclusion of clips from Princess Diana’s 1995 Panorama interview with Martin Bashir as a key sticking point: Prince William said last year the interview “should never be aired again” because it “holds no legitimacy,” following the revelation that Bashir used forgery to nudge the princes’ mother to agree to the taping.

For the time being, the Sussexes are expected to remain far away from their family across the pond, who this week will be celebrating their first Christmas without Queen Elizabeth II. A former palace staffer told People, “It will be hard, as the Queen was all they knew, like most of Britain.” Prince William and Princess Kate, as well as Princess Anne, Prince Edward, Prince Andrew, and Camilla, Queen Consort are all expected to gather at Sandringham Estate. This year will also mark the first time King Charles will make his annual Christmas broadcast. A former member of the Queen’s staff told People, “The first year is most difficult, as it is always the first of everything that you notice.”



Source link


Spread the love